The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships aim to mobilize a dynamic community of young global leaders to create lasting impacts both at home and abroad through inter-cultural exchanges encompassing international education, discovery and inquiry, and professional experiences.
This made-in-Canada platform for global student mobility and academic diplomacy will award 3,000 Queen Elizabeth Scholars by 2022.
Key achievements to date:
- more than 1,000 scholars have completed placements abroad
- 44 Canadian universities have successfully competed for QES project funding
- 89 projects have been funded at those universities
- 59 countries have welcomed Queen Elizabeth Scholars
- 428 partner organizations abroad have been engaged (universities, NGOs, research institutes)
- $80 million in scholarship funding has been awarded
This collaborative initiative is made possible through the leadership of the Rideau Hall Foundation, in collaboration with Community Foundations of Canada, Universities Canada, and Canadian universities.