Community Foundations of Canada Board of Directors opportunityWednesday, December 5th, 2018 | Geneviève Vallerand
Are you an energetic community builder who is passionate about community and philanthropy? Know someone who wants to make a contribution to our network? CFC’s Board of Directors is inviting nominations for new members.
Community Foundations of Canada is the national network for Canada’s 191 community foundations. Together we help Canadians invest in making our communities better places to live, work and play. Collectively we hold combined assets of more than $5.2 billion and we’ve put hundreds of millions back into communities over our 97-year history. We put the strength of our philanthropic network to the best possible use for our communities and our country. We’re championing the issues that matter to Canadians with an eye on the change we can make, now and for future generations. We’re exploring new ways to make a collective impact hand-in-hand with partners who share our vision.
CFC’s board members are asked to:
- Participate in three to four in-person meetings and three teleconferences per year
- Participate in at least one CFC committee aligned with interests and expertise
- Contribute their skills and expertise to advancing our strategic directions
- Involve themselves as ambassadors for CFC
*CFC is a national organization. Applicants can be based anywhere in Canada.
Applicants are asked to send:
- Letter outlining the contribution they would like to make to CFC’s board (or that of the person they are nominating)
- A current CV
- Name and contact information for a reference at a Canadian or international community foundation who can speak on their behalf
Nomination deadline: January 15, 2019
Questions about this process and all nominations can be directed to Carolyn Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org