About Community Foundations of Canada
CFC was founded in 1992 to support and connect community foundations working across Canada. The movement of community foundations has grown considerably since then. Today, more than 90% of Canadian communities have access to a community foundation. Collectively our network stewards combined assets of more than $5.8 billion and we’ve put hundreds of millions back into communities. Our purpose is to “relentlessly pursue a future where everyone belongs.” In addition to championing the issues that matter to Canadians, CFC also acts as a convenor, thought leader and partner to help make our communities stronger, more resilient and sustainable. With a renewed purpose, historic investments and new partnerships with the public, private and philanthropic sector, CFC is poised to create ever more impact in the years ahead.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Communications and working in close collaboration with colleagues across the organization as well as online communities, the Coordinator, Digital Content is responsible for several key communications functions at CFC.
As the Communications Coordinator, Digital Content, you will:
- Create, publish and maintain content for several social media platforms administered and operated by CFC, including CFC’s corporate channels as well as Alliance2030
- Help to steward online relationships with influencers and stakeholders via CFC’s social media channels
- Help CFC develop and strengthen its tracking and metrics for digital content, including for web, social media, direct mail and other communications activities
- Update and maintain mailing lists, accounts and subscriptions for CFC and Alliance2030.ca in collaboration with Director, Communications and other colleagues across the CFC team
- Assist with event management for various CFC programs, projects and initiatives, including playing a key role in CFC’s biennial conference planning team
- Work with colleagues across the organization to build CFC’s image bank and story bank for external communications
- Contribute to CFC’s communications materials through copy writing, editing, proofreading and applying plain language as per CFC’s new style guide for consistency
- Support the writing and production of CFC’s Annual Report
- Support the Director, Communications as well as Communications Coordinator, Network in the development and implementation of the annual Marketing Communications Plan and business objectives
- Contribute to supporting a culture of communications throughout CFC, notably through the oversight and day-to-day management of shared platforms for internal communications (Slack, Trello etc) and other internal communications tools and content, including the Simply Board enewsletter to CFC’s Board of Directors
- As time and interest allows, participated in working groups, committees etc
Requirements of the position
- An undergraduate degree in communications or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Two to three (3) years of experience in the areas related to the position are required
Knowledge and competencies
- An aptitude and interest to be part of a dynamic and small but mighty team!
- A roll up your sleeves, “can do” attitude
- Comfort working in a distributed team and a pan-Canadian network (including a remote office environment as required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both official languages, and a great “voice” or tone and manner for social media content
- Capacity to create outstanding social media content in tight timelines. Capacity to create great video, stories, shareables is a definite asset.
- Social and online “connector,” and a capacity to engage with influencers and key online stakeholders
- A passion for all things digital and social, following trends and ever-evolving norms, practices and functionalities on social media platforms
- Proficiency in all social platforms including but not limited to Twitter; Facebook; Instagram; LinkedIn; Buffer; Hootsuite; Canva; Google ads; Facebook ads; (SEO experience is an asset)
- Proficiency in G Suite products and apps, WordPress CMS, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Microsoft Office products; as well as all relevant social media platforms, including project management tools like Slack and Trello. Video and audio editing skills an asset.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to self-organize, prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines;
- Solid attention to brand and design practices, as well as the ability to produce visual, audio and video content an asset on tight timelines;
Location and travel
CFC’s offices are in Ottawa and Toronto however we have team members based elsewhere. This position can be located in Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal. You may be required to travel up to 20 days per year and on occasion, work irregular hours.
The Coordinator, Digital Content is a full-time position with ample opportunities for growth and development within a highly dynamic and motivated team. The salary range is : $40,000-$50,000, depending on experience. If interested, please send your CV, cover letter and any samples of your writing work to gvallerand at communityfoundations dot ca by 17 October, 2019 with the subject line: Application: Communications Coordinator, Digital Content.